Browse Our Services
Administration of English Language Programs
ELL Professional Services LLC works with school-based personnel in implementing all components of ELL programs, including:
- The ELL Identification Process
- Home Language Identification Survey (HLIS)
- Initial formal assessments (NYSITELL, Spanish LAB, LENS)
- Identify Students with Interrupted Formal Education (SIFE)
- Distribute parent notifications
- Schedule and conduct parent orientation meetings
- Schedule students for the mandated number of instructional minutes
- Title III Plans, Language Allocation Policy (LAP), Translation & Interpretation Plans
- NYSESLAT Administration (testing schedule, notification of parents, training & supervision of scorers)
Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Sponsor
The New York State Education Department, as of the 2016-2017 school year, now requires classroom teachers, educational leaders, and Level III teaching assistants without permanent certification to register with the department every five years. Additionally they are required to complete 100 clock hours of CTLE during each five year registration period. As an approved CTLE Sponsor, ELL Professional Services LLC provides site-based professional development that will aid participants in earning the necessary clock hours.
Professional Development and In-Class Mentoring
Our staff works closely with school administrators to develop and implement year long professional development plans for teachers of ELLs that include the Common Core Learning Standards and scaffolding strategies to make content comprehensible. Through in-class mentoring, we model for teachers of ELLs effective and proven strategies that accelerate the academic growth and language acquisition of ELLs.